Classes

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February?? Really? What happened to January!?

Well I've heard the expression but I certainly hope it is Not true about "the road to hell being paved with good intentions"...because my January was Certainly paved with Good Intentions! 

I wanted to have designed and created Valentine cards by now! Ok so I'm here to tell you how this happens, at least for me... 

I open my laptop this morning intent on finding a You Tube video I wanted to finish watching from yesterday that will inspire me with tons of ideas for Valentine cards. On the way to the video, I start closing unnecessary tabs in my browser, that's when it happens.. I find a page that has unique cards on Etsy and I remember a friend who was looking for these, so I copy the URL and open my email to send it to her so i can close that tab! Oops once my email is open I see a few I can delete, but then this one tells me there are 20 lifestyle posts I "Must Read Today"... so I do... and of course that leads me to reading about the perfectly grilled steak, how to arrange a perfect kid's breakfast on Valentine's Day (ooh! I must send this link to my daughter!, so I do) now back to the email... my home can reach a "new level of clean" ?  Really... let's look at that! (and I do) and the phone rings... make an appointment for that person, and back to the email. I Must know what the Single Biggest Mistake I could make on my resume is, so I get lured into that one! Halfway thru it, the recruiter that wrote the article tells how she made up her own format of a resume that gives everything at a quick glance. Well! I just have to try adapting MY resume to that format, just for kicks, not job hunting. So I open Publisher and hunt up my resume and start formatting away.  WHAT???!!!

THIS is how my life goes. Does any of it sound familiar to you? (pleeeeez say Yes!) So, midway thru formatting my resume, I remember... I started a BLOG POST (yes, this one) that I need to get back to and there it hits me... I was going to make Valentine Cards! (I will pause here... to really go and try to find that video) . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment