Classes

Monday, July 2, 2018

New "Fat Bomb" Recipe

For any of you who are following a KETO style eating plan, you have probably heard of "Fat Bombs". They are delicious little treats to help us get more good fats into our daily diet.

I looked everywhere for a coffee flavored recipe. Each one I found, there was something I didn't like about it. One added a cup of crushed pecans... I can't eat nuts. One took several hours to make.. good grief, most fat bombs are made in less than 10 minutes, and "set up" in about 30 min in the fridge.



So my husbands says, "Why don't you just create your own." Hmmmm GOOD idea!  So i did.

I have a recipe I like, so I started with that one and adapted it. Below is the final recipe, and some notes. Enjoy!  I sure did... they are so creamy, they melt in your mouth, you might want to keep them in the freezer, instead of the fridge.

Coffee Flavored Fat Bombs

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond butter
(melt these together in microwave 1 min)

Add to melted mixture:
2 Tbl baking cocoa powder
2 Tbl sweetener of your choice (I used coconut sugar)
1 capful of vanilla extract
Stir well until all dissolved.

On the side, combine:
2/3 cup hot tap water
2 heaping tablespoons Instant coffee

Once the coffee is completely dissolved, add liquid coffee to the other mixture. Stir well. It should be a thick liquid.
Pour into silicone mold or silicone mini cupcake mold.
My batch made 15.
Yummm.
ps - if you don't have almond butter, you can also make these with peanut butter. I just didnt want the peanut flavor taking over the coffee flavor, but it would be interesting.  Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment