Classes

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Dream... come true.

It started about 3 or 4 years ago... as I rekindled an old flame with art, specifically painting, I had a deep desire start in me to have a studio of my own.  A place I could create art, a place I could offer classes, a place I could discover things deep in my soul. I envisioned this studio in a lofty space overlooking an ocean. Well, not all parts of a dream are meant to be so when a large portion of the dream comes true you just have to realize there might be reasons for the little details to not be included. For example I don't like tidal waves so perhaps not being on an ocean is a saving Grace for me... who knows?

At any rate this summer I was presented with an opportunity to make the bigger part of my dream come true! A local church had previously rented an area of their building to a school. The school was moving to a new space and the church decided to see if any artists were interested in renting the now empty classrooms!  (Ya Think?!!) within 3 months, the spaces were all spoken for and rented out! .. and I was fortunate enough to have one of them. 24' x 30'  Ya!  that's what I'm talkin' about!


The rooms are spacious and half of them have windows overlooking green grass! A wonderful sight for an artist... calming... energizing...relaxing... all the things we need to make art.... or take a nap,... or both! LOL  So... On Sept 8th I had an Open House for my new studio ... below are some pictures taken by a friend. We had a lot more people later on, but these allow you to see some of the room as well... enjoy!



 

why is it so hard to center photos in here???




 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment