Classes

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Coconut Butter

I have been following this Keto eating plan for a couple weeks (and losing weight) and learning new recipes all the time. Also learning that some of the ingredients for these recipes I don't normally have in my kitchen, AND then can be a little pricey in the store. So this morning I decided to make one of the ingredients at home ... Coconut Butter. It's very pricey in the store $9 or $10 for a jar but this recipe assures me I can make it at home for 1/3 of the cost. All I have to do is put some coconut flakes or shred in a food processor and blend until I can't hear anymore!  So here it is, and while I'm typing this I hope my phone doesn't ring as I won't be able to hear it. LOL

We are going on 10-12 minutes at this point, with a couple stops to scrape it down and once to add the 2 Tbl Coconut Oil. So far, it's Very very moist, but it is supposed to get creamy, then runny... still waiting.  I am pretty sure I can come back and update this with pictures, if and when it ever gets there!  Stay tuned!

...So we are 40 minutes in... and I'm hoping we aren't going to burn out the motor in my Ninja! The coconut is very hot and steamy but as you can see, it is NOT creamy nor runny...yet...
Well I think I found the problem....

"You don't need a recipe for coconut butter. ... The flakes often turn into a smootherbutter than shredded coconut does. Do not use desiccated, sweetened, reduced fat or fresh coconut. Tip #2: Both a food processor and a high-powdered blender (like a Vitamix) can make coconut butter..."

So apparently, this is all you will ever get out of sweetened coconut... 
but I have to think there is something i can make with this?? Its so yummy...

I'm starting a new batch, using UNsweetened coconut...
check the next post for the results!



Sorry Ninja... All that work for nothing!




No comments:

Post a Comment