Classes

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Eve - 2020


I think we were pretty productive today, more than any other day! 

We went for a bike ride yesterday.. loaded up the bikes and headed for Rock Island trail but the parking lot was roped off ...so we turned around and went back and parked at Bushwackers in Junction city... from there we rode the trail to Peo Heights... it felt GOOD... I was surprised because I hadn't been on my bike in 2 years! Anyway we rode out and back to the car. 


On the way home we stopped at Alwan's for some steaks to have today for Easter... they were letting people in one at a time maintaining a certain amount inside. Also only ONE per household (per cart) was allowed... once inside you get in a line and tell the butcher what you want and he goes and gets it... you do NOT get to pick out your steak or anything like normal.. they ended up giving my husband a 1.75 pound T-bone for ME!.. LOL... and he got a bone in ribeye.. we'll grill them today outside...if it doesn't rain.


Then we came home and I started pulling weeds (dead weeds) from around the fire pit while the Mister mowed the front and side yards. He wanted to get that done before it rained.  GOOD timing. And I want to be able to use the fire-pit this year so I also bundled all the weeds and put many in the pit for fire-starter... and more in a tin bucket we have out there for kindling. Then I started raking but had to take a break after a while...  I dragged this cabinet out to the porch that I had been wanting to get rid of, it had been in the front hall waiting to escape for months now.  I called the neighbor to see if she wanted it... she came over to look at it and said her husband would come over and carry it away when he got home from the pharmacy. (and he did). 


Next, I then started on the garage... We needed to put the bikes back in there but I didn't like where mine had been stored so I moved things around and made more space and threw out a bunch of stuff... and swept all the leaves out... its nicer now.. still needs work. but nicer. Then I took the bikes off the back of the car and put them away in the garage. Good Timing... 


I started splicing some videos together for a combined video that I'm making for the North Art Studio artists. It's a fun project and I get to use my new video editing and splicing skills... FUN! We are hoping to post the video online next week... I hope to get videos from everyone in time.



For dinner we were both so pooped that we decided on carry-out from Rizzi's in the city.  We called it in and left to go pick it up around 6pm, right when it began to storm... before we left, Rick got the bike rack off the back of the

car or we wouldn't have fit in the garage when we returned. I backed into the garage for him to do it so he didn't have to do it in the rain... we got to Rizzi's - picked up our food, curbside and came back to settle down to a nice dinner ...but way too much of it! I had Tiramisu for dessert.. yummy, til I found a mustache hair in it... I've been sick ever since... (probably mostly in my mind). After some TV, (we watched some episodes of NCIS we hadn't seen and were catching up)... we hit the hay. But it want a good night sleep for me... I was up at 2am, 3am, 4am and 6am... 

Happy Easter...

Ruth

ps - none of these pictures are real. they are copyright free images off google




No comments:

Post a Comment